7 Days Africa Safari to Rwanda’s Nyungwe Forest National Park & Congo’s Kahuzi Beiga National Park for a Great Apes African Tour This remarkable 7…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Detailed 7 Days Africa Safari to Rwanda & Congo Great Apes Tour
Tour Starts in Kigali (Rwanda)
The tour starts this morning with a guided tour of Nyamirambo and the Nyamirambo Women’s Centre as well as a visit to the Kigali Memorial Centre at Gisozi.
Kigali – Nyungwe Forest National Park
We’ll visit the Royal Palace at Nyanza and the Ethnographic Museum in Butare before heading to Nyungwe Forest National Park for the night.
Nyungwe Forest National Park (Rwanda) – Bukavu (DR Congo):
Day 4: Today we’ll cross the border into DR Congo at Bukavu. In the afternoon we’ll visit a number of projects run by John Kahekwa’s Pole Pole Foundation.
Day 5: One of the last refuges of the rare Eastern Lowland Gorilla, today you’ll be privileged to see these magnificent primates in their natural setting.
Day 6: Today we’ll see more of the natural beauty of the Kahuzi Biega National Park and combine it with another visit to one of John Kahekwa’s Pole Pole Foundation projects.
Bukavu (DR Congo) – Kigali (Rwanda):
Day 7: Today we’ll cross back into Rwanda and head back to the capital Kigali for a farewell dinner. Those on the group flight will transfer to the airport in the late evening for their early morning flight on what would be day 8.
- The cost of obtaining your DR Congo visa on the land border
- Full services of a Wild Frontiers Tour Leader with local guides and drivers
- 6 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 7 dinners
- All transport (minibus and 4WD vehicles)
- 6 nights accommodation (6 in hotels) with wash and change rooms on day 7
- All entrance fees, sightseeing, permits, excursions and activities as per the itinerary
- $200 USD per person donation to The Pole Pole Foundation
- A carbon-offsetting contribution to Carbon Clear (if booking international flights through WF office)
- International flights(From/to home)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Tips(Tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items(Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Government imposed increase of taxes and/or park fees